Monday, January 29, 2007

And I thought my ass hurt *last* week

Day 6 - Whitetail 1/26, Friday
Spent 8 hrs on the slope. Left ass bone was already a bit sore. First run, rather successful, but on the flats I fell hard on that left ass bone. Doing pretty well linking turns, still only on the big green, but having some nice runs. One point, we get off the lift together, and I fall so hard on my left ass bone that I can't move. As I'm sitting there, tears start to fall and I start wailing. Poor him, poor me. My second to last run was my best run of the weekend though.

Day 7 - Whitetail 1/27, Saturday
Didn't leave until late, and by the time we got there, it was so crowded. Snow was a lot softer than Friday, and I was feeling pretty comfortable linking turns and going toeside. But it got so crowded it was hard to go more than 15 ft w/o stopping. It was like a minefield, with all the peoeple going down. Left early.

Day 8 - Whitetail 1/28, Sunday
Got to the mountain early, though because I forgot my advantage card it took me 20 more minutes to get my lift pass. Did two runs on the big green, and moved on to the blues. Did Limelight, and it was actually the best blue run of the day. Steepness wasn't so much an issue becaus I slowed down so much on each heel turn. Only fell once on that first one. As the day went on, the snow softened to huge mushy piles of mashed potatoes, I struggled with the soft stuff. Still, went down Limelight a few times, Fanciful, and Angel Drop. Def. can go down the blues, but pretty slowly. The flats are still a pain in the ass. I can't seem to hold an edge and go straight at the same time.

1 comment:

IthinkI'mFunnyGuy said...

Hello Hello
Do I know you..?
Thanks for reading my blog.